Last O.U. Module
I don't expect to post much (ha!) for the next months. No change there then.
At long last I am able to put my photos online again. Galleria-Lite is live and I am beginning to upload pictures. The problem I had with multiple uploads has been resolved. I had to limit the pixel and file sizes of photos to enable them.
Galleria-Lite is also available on my website as a download if you want to use it yourself. There are instructions included with the download, they are also available as a separate pdf file.
I have been able to sort out the problems I had with uploading photos to my online gallery. It turns out that the file size and the physical pixel size was the problem. So I have been able after reducing the pixel size down to 800x600 and the file size down to around 500KBytes or smaller to upload and generate a thumbnail for each photo.
My next job is to use a multi file upload algorithm to choose and upload up to 5 photos at any one time to a gallery. This is in hand and although I have tested it on my local lamp server I haven't tried it yet 'live' on my web hosts server.
I have a little local difficulty with the photo gallery I'm writing. On my system it works great with Xampp. I can upload multiple photos and each photo automatically generates a thumbnail. When I upload the lot to my testing area on my web host it falls to pieces. I have adjusted the memory available to each file and for the total upload size available, but to no avail. It seems to be the thumbnail generation that is the problem.
The gallery displays the photos very well and I can create galleries and have them displayed without any problems, it's just the upload that is causing me to jump up and down.